Thursday 26 June 2014

Bacary backlash

France right-back Bacary Sagna has dismissed suggestions that his recent move from Arsenal to Manchester City was motivated by greed, insisting it was only to do with personal ambition.

Sagna, 31, left Arsenal on a free transfer at the end of last season after seven years at the club and promptly signed for the Premier League champions on a three-year contract.

"I'm going to clear everything out, because I keep reading (claims) I left for money, I'm greedy, whatever," he said after France's 0-0 draw against Ecuador.

"All I want to say is I stayed in Arsenal with the same contract since 2008. I never asked for (more) money, so people who think that it's for money, it's not. I just wanted to change and boost my career, and I think it was about time."

0 comments:

Post a Comment