Tuesday 24 June 2014

Côte d'Ivoire coach resigned a minutes after a 2-1 loss to Greece

Sabri Lamouchi resigned as Côte d'Ivoire coach minutes after a 2-1 loss to Greece knocked them out of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

"My contract comes to an end at this World Cup and there will be no epilogue and you can understand well as to why," said the 42-year-old Frenchman. "It is logical as we did not do well at last year's Africa Cup of Nations or at the World Cup finals."
The former France international, whose side started with a 2-1 win over Japan before losing by that scoreline to Group C winners Colombia, said a lot of hard work had gone into securing the Ivorians' first-ever appearance in the knockout phase.
"I have put a lot of time and effort into the past two years, but unfortunately my story with Côte d'Ivoire ends this evening," he said. "The outcome is a cruel one but the Greeks did not steal this victory.
"I am very disappointed and sad, and also for the players and the Ivorian people. However, my career carries on and there will be other defeats, though I would have liked this adventure to finish in a different fashion."

0 comments:

Post a Comment